(1) The Transfagarasan Challenge (the “Event”) is an event organized by Sibiu Reisen SRL (the “Organizer”). The website www.t-challenge.ro is owned and managed by Sibiu Reisen SRL, with the following legal Adress: Sibiu, V. Milea Street nr. 11A/7, tax code: RO 22459340, registration number: J32/1599/2007, share capital: 30.000 Lei
The Event consists of 1 stage (“Stage”). The event will take place within the Sibiu Cycling Tour. The main organiser of the Sibiu Cycling Tour is “Sibiu Sport Project Club”.
(2) These regulations govern the terms of participation of every participant in the Event (“Participants”) and are binding to them. A precondition to participate is full acceptance of these regulations.
(3) The Organizer has complete event authority and is entitled at any time to make decisions relating to the event, particularly to change the route, to extend or shorten to a reasonable extent the distance of the stage for objective reasons (e.g. damage to roads) – even shortly before the stage in question.
(4) Instructions from Event staff and uniformed forces (police, fire service etc. ) must be complied completely and immediately. In the event of non-compliance, the Organizer is entitled to penalize the Participant in question (see point “Sanctions” of these regulations). “Event Staff” and those acting on behalf of the Organizer means all those persons identified as such (e.g. ”organizer”).
2. Participation conditions:
(1) Recreational and amateur athletes are eligible to participate.
(2) Men and women are eligible to participate.
(3) The minimum age of the participants at the start of the Event is 18 years.
(4) Only a person whose general health permits participation in the Event is eligible to participate. The Organizer strongly advises participants to undergo a medical examination by a qualified medical doctor immediately before participating in the Event. The Organizer is entitled at any time to have the health of participants assessed by a qualified medical doctor, and if he or she expresses justified concerns in respect of the physical condition of the Participant, to exclude the Participant in question from the entire Event (or the rest of it) without a legal claim by the Participant arising from it.
(5) A precondition, for every Participant to take part in the event, is the presence of the participation confirmation, as well as a signed original declaration of liabilit (sent out by e-mail approximately 2 weeks before the Event).
(1) We stronly recommend the road bikes, but trekking and mountain bikes are also permitted in the Event. Each Participant shall ensure that his or her bike is fully functional and free from defects at all times, in particular that the bike does not pose any risk for the Participant or third parties, this applies especially in respect of the brakes and other safety components. The Organizer strongly advises that the bike be examined for functionality/safety by a specialist immediately before participating in the Event.
(2) It is compulsory to wear a helmet with closed chinstrap at all times during the entire event, without exception. Each Participant shall ensure that his or her helmet is at all times free from defects, in particular that it has not been damaged and meets the recognized DIN standard 33954, the SNELL and/or ANSI standards and is adapted to fit the Participant’s head. The Organizer strongly advises that the helmet be examined for damage/safety and proper fit by a specialist immediately before participating in the Event.
(3) The event is a road bike event held over several hours. Participants should equip themselves accordingly. This includes all-weather clothing and first aid equipment. It is recommended to bring tools and spare material along.
(4) The Organizer reserves the right to forbid the use of certain items of equipment for objective reasons. Currently the material listed below is expressly forbidden:
• Luggage rack bags, handlebar bags or bags mounted on the front wheel. Saddle-, seat post and frame bags over 2 litres volume
• Water bottles from non-malleable material such as glass, aluminium etc.
• E-bikes and all other types of engines on the bike
• Multi-track vehicles
(5) The Organizer is entitled to have bicycles/equipment examined by an expert at any time. If this expert identifies breaches of the requirements stated above under “Equipment” in these regulations, the Organizer is entitled to exclude the relevant Participant from the Event (or the rest of it) until the breach identified has been removed, without a legal claim by the Participant arising from it.
(6) Please note the compulsory stuff you need for the challenge and our recommendations
• good condition bike
• hard-shell helmet
• participation kit
The competition number will be clearly visible on the bicycle/ chest, all the time, so that the participants can be identified in the competition.
• Road bike
• Full finger gloves
• Red back light
• A windbreaker/gilet
• Cereal bars, dried fruits, energy gels
• Spare inner tubes or sealant for tubeless tyre
• Comfy clothes
• Thermal overshoes
• Leg warmers
(1) Registrations can be done online only, until 01.06.2021. No registrations are accepted after this date. Registration by fax, telephone or e-mail is not possible. Registration can not be done on the spot, on the event day. Registration is available only on t-challenge.ro, using the registration button/form. Please note that the registration is finalized just after making the payment.
(2) A responsibility statement must be completed and signed by each participant on the day of the Challenge.
(3)The competition number will be received based on the identity document shown on the registration. (only passport, identity card or driving licence are accepted)
(4) Registration fee:
01.03-31.03.2021 – early bird: 24,- Euro
01.04-01.06.2021 – regular fee: 29,- Euro
(5) Delivery policy:
The order made by you consists in a participation at the Transfăgărășan Challenge, including the participation kit (T-shirt, participation number, water bottle, energy bar). This will be fulfilled on the 5 of July 2021.
5. Cancellations, Covid-19 situation:
(1) Our aim is to guarantee that you can register for the event even in unsettled times and despite the constantly changing measures and requirements of the authorities – and all without personal risk! For this reason, we have adapted our cancellation conditions for the Transfagarasan Challenge as follows:
• Every participant has the possibility to cancel the starting place free of charge without giving any reason and with full refund of the paid starting fee.
• Each participant may transfer his/her own starting place to any other person without incurring additional costs only by informing us in advance by email with the name and email address of the new participant
• Each participant is free to transfer his/her starting place to the following year 2022 free of charge.
(3) Participants, who are proved to be unable to take part in the Transfagarasan Challenge due to Covid-19 or the effects of the pandemic are also entitled to free cancellation and reimbursement of the paid entry fees at any time – even beyond the above-mentioned deadline.
(4) All this requests can be done by e-mailing us: email@example.com. Our team will answer and proceed with the operation within 72 hours after the request.
(5) In case of cancelation, within the above mentioned terms, the amount will be transferred into your account within 14 days.
(1) Each participant in the Transfăgărășan Challenge is responsible for their own safety and security.
(2) The organizers, partners, sponsors, volunteers and staff involved in the event are not responsible for any injuries or damages, cancellations, delays, or changes in routes that may occur during the event.
(3) Each participant must sign, before registration, a responsibility statement, which assumes the risks arising from participation in such an event and any damage caused by any reason, including loss or theft.
7. Transfăgărășan Challenge
(1) The event is an outdoor cycling competition, an individual road climbing with a length of aprox. 30 km, with road bikes. (Mountain or trekking bikes are also accepted, but please note that this is specifically a road bike event). Electric or hybrid bikes are not allowed in the race.
• each participant must have technical knowledge about difficult route approach;
• each participant should be able to safely climb up and down a slope in difficult conditions;
• each participant should be experienced enough and can safely complete a difficult route in an alpine area;
• each participant should have a good sense of direction, even in bad weather and low visibility;
• each participant should know the rules of behavior in case of danger and urgency in the mountain area;
each participant should show fair play and friendship and act accordingly when the situation requires it;
• each participant should know and should have an attitude that takes into account that, no matter how many security measures the organizers may take, they are not and will not be able to cover all risks, especially the ones resulting from nature or environmental conditions;
• each participant must know that no prize is above the health and life of himself and/or other participants and should act accordingly to protect himself and the others;
• each participant should know that driving on public roads will be on the corresponding lane of traveling direction, and as far as possible on the right side of the road. It is strictly forbidden to cut corners;
• each participant must know and strictly follow the traffic rules and the instructions received from the competition organizers;
• each participant is responsible for its own transportation or transfer to the start line and from the finish line. (exception: anyone who have booked tour packages including accommodation that may include transfer services)
(2) Contest numbers:
The competition numbers will be received after your registration is validated, and after completing the responsibility statement on the competition day. The competition number must be attached so it will be visible throughout the race. The competition number should not be cut in any way.
(3) Validation / Briefing / Start
Registration will be done exclusively online, on the Transfăgărășan Challenge website t-challenge.ro. Your registration will be validated at the starting point area.
(4) Your competition kit can be picked up on the 4th of July on the Big Square at our Transfagarasan Challenge Tent, or you can pick-up your kit at Albota, between 09:15-10:45, before the race. Each participant should present an identity document in order to receive the kit.
(5) A briefing, where any news and changes will be transmitted, will take place 15 minutes before the start.
(6) The registration on the competition day will start at 09:15 and closes at 10:45, please be in time.
(7) The start will be at 11:00 at Albota. The organizer reserves the right to remove from the starting list any competitor who has not complied in the past with the rules of any competition affiliated to the Sibiu Cycling Tour, without being obliged to provide explanations as to the reason for removal from the starting list.
(8) The competition will include a single route for all categories: Road route Albota – Balea Lac.
(9) For your safety, the Transfăgărășan road is going to be closed especially for the challenge on the 5th of July 2021, during the competition time, and for the pro stage that will start after. Caution! Car access on Transfăgărășan is restricted on 05th of July 2021 between Albota and Balea Lake. It will be closed from approximately 10:00 until approximately 18:00. We highly recommend that the participant’s and attendant’s cars should be parked in the Albota Complex area. Access to the parking area at Balea Lake is forbidden, the parking is reserved for professional teams of the Sibiu Cycling Tour.
At the end of the Transfăgărășan Challenge, our recommendation is to enjoy the professional cycling show. The participants’ descent will be allowed after the professional stage is completed.
Mandatory checkpoints are located on the routes. Participants who do not pass a checkpoint (for whatever reason) will be disqualified. The competition numbers and competitors’ times will be noted in the order of arrival at each checkpoint.
There will be one / two water stations on the route, but no other supply will be provided. But, each participant will have an energizing bar included in their kit and at the finish point, after the award ceremony, there will be a pasta buffet for all participants
(12) Stop / Withdraw from the race
The organizer reserves the right to ban a participant in the following cases:
• the rider got injured after the start, and his condition no longer allows him to continue the race;
•leaving rubbish along the routes and/or deliberately destroying the environment
• in exceptional case
(13) Any participant who can no longer, or does not want to continue the race, for whatever reason, should inform the organizers immediately, at the start, at the checkpoints, or on arrival. Failure to announce the withdrawal from the race, can cause a search and rescue operation (rescue teams, mountain rescuers) at the expense of the participant involved. Any participant who withdraws will be helped with the best withdrawal option, but is responsible for their own transport, the route they will use and the actions after the time and place of withdrawal, except in serious cases that do not allow travel by their own means.
Arrival is at Balea Lac
Timing is done per second.
(16) Rankings / Awards
During the Transfăgărășan Challenge, the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will be awarded for each age group – men (B1, B2, B3, B4) and women (F1, F2, F3).
We will also award the title of Queen (women) and King (men) of Transfăgărășan for the first two who will reach the finish line, regardless of age category.
Each participant crossing the finish line shall receive a digital diploma by e-mail until 15 July 2021.
The awards are:
1st Place Shopping voucher from Decathlon Sibiu for 300 lei & Gold Nutrition products + medal
2st Place Voucher at the Albota Restaurant, worth 200 lei & Gold Nutrition products + medal
3rd Place Voucher at the Albota Restaurant, worth 100 lei & Gold Nutrition products +medal
Men aged 18 to 29 (B1)
Men aged 30 to 44 (B2)
Men aged 45 to 59 (B3)
Men aged 60+ (B4)
Females aged 18 to 34 (F1)
Females aged 35 to 49 (F2)
Females aged 50+ (F3)
(17) Prizes will be awarded only to winners attending the awards ceremony. If by any chance a winner decides not to be part of the ceremony and leaves, the prize will not be sent afterward. Prizes will be announced by the 15th of April 2021.
(18) Nature conservation
We believe Transfăgărășan Challenge should leave no footprint on nature or cause any other harm. Leaving rubbish along the routes and/or deliberately destroying the environment will result in disqualification.
(19) Support / Help
Supporters may support any competitor provided that they follow the rules of conduct, the instructions of the authorities and / or officials and do not impede the conduct of the competition. No outside help is allowed during the routes (supporter, spectator, etc.). The organizers will penalize competitors whose supporters do not comply with these rules.
• lack of any of the mandatory equipment = disqualification;
• shortening the route = penalty or disqualification (referee decision);
• non-compliance with the environment = disqualification;
• change of competition number = disqualification;
• non-compliance with the competition rules = penalty or disqualification (referee decision);
• unfair sport behavior towards other participants, organizers, public, other people = disqualification.
• using the car to push or pull another competitor to help / prevent him from advancing = disqualification;
• use of the net of any vehicle = disqualification.
• use of drugs or any other substances that are not legal = disqualification.
Any participant can file an appeal against another participant who did not follow the rules of the competition or against the decisions of the organizers. The appeal will be submitted to the Information Office, in writing, 15 minutes after the display of the complete provisional results together with a fee of 30,- Euro The appeal will be resolved within the next 30 minutes.
The fee of 29,- Euro will be returned to the petitioner, if the appeal is accepted.
(22) By registering, paying, and participating, each participant confirms that he has read, understood, and accepted the conditions of participation and these rules, assumes the risks of participating in the Transfăgărășan Challenge, and are responsible for their own actions that should take into account relevant circumstances such as weather conditions, weather change, area, equipment.
(1)Legal basis are our aforementioned legitimate interests according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. Your data will not be passed on to third parties.
(2)For the collection of the corresponding photos we exclusively use photographers, whom we have obligated under data protection law according to the EU data protection basic regulation.With regard to the lists of results and rankings and the publication of photos, videos, audio and/or video recordings of various kinds, the data controllers may use the data and images of the athlete for internal and external purposes (various publications, sports videos, via telematic means and on the www.t-challenge.ro website, social media, etc).
(3) Regarding the images and/or video recordings, the athlete may appear alone or together with other subjects during initiatives promoted by and for the organization or any other entity indicated in the privacy notice as a data controller.
(4) By reading the privacy notice, the participant acknowledges that the aforementioned processing is strictly necessary in order to carry out the purposes explained in the privacy notice for which consent is not required, without prejudice to the rights set forth in Articles 15 et seq. of the GDPR that may be exercised at any time, as further described in the privacy notice.
9. Signature and authorization of handling of personal information
(1) By submitting the online registration form, the competitor declares that he or she has read these rules, accepting them fully and unconditionally.
(2) With regard to the processing of personal data, the participant, by selecting the specific box at the bottom of the online registration form, declares that he or she has read the linked privacy notice pursuant to Article 13 of EU Regulation 679/2016 (GDPR) (Privacy Notice) and has been informed through the above-mentioned privacy notice that consent for the processing of data strictly necessary for participation in the race is not necessary when the processing is justified on a different legal basis.
10. Force majeure
(1) If the event is cancelled or abandoned due to force majeure (e.g. bad weather), or other reasons for which the organiser is not responsible, the organiser shall be released from his obligations and the organiser is not liable for damages that the contracting party or participants incur for this reason (e.g. travel and accommodation costs).
(2) If the event is changed in venue and/or timing due to force majeure (e.g. bad weather), for which the organiser is not responsible, the organiser shall be released from his obligations and the organiser is not liable for damages that the contracting party or participants incur for this reason (e.g. travel and accommodation costs).
(3) A refund of attendance fees in the aforementioned cases described in 9 (1) and (2) is excluded. With a change in venue and/or time the contracting party and the participants are entitled to attend the rescheduled event.
11. Final dispositions
(4) Verbal side agreements have not been made in this matter. Additions and amendments to the agreement must be in writing to be valid (not email). The same applies to waiving or modifying the aforementioned written form. The priority of the individual agreement remains unaffected.
(5) If individual provisions of this participation agreement should be or become invalid or should there be a loophole requiring regulation, the participation agreement is otherwise valid. The parties shall conduct negotiations in good faith to replace the invalid or missing provision with a valid one that comes closest to the parties’ documented business intention.
(6) The Organizer reserves the right to modify or change the General Terms and Conditions, and such changes will take effect only after prior notice of such changes on the website www.t-challenge.ro
(7) This agreement is subject exclusively to Romanian law.
Status: February 2021